As leaders at Camp Jeanne d’Arc, we aspire to make a difference in the world–a big aspiration, for sure. This vision started with our first director, Ruth Israel McIntyre. She felt that if children could get to know each other and realize that all human beings are the same regardless of their differences, more global understanding and greater world peace would result. This bold vision that we continue today, can only be realized through exceptional leadership. Thus Camp Jeanne d’Arc hires counselors from all over the world who bring a variety of experiences to camp. We’re currently looking for college-aged students of any gender to teach activities and/or be cabin counselors. This is a great opportunity for students who want to go into teaching, work with children in any capacity, grow their leadership skills, or build stronger resumes with work experience emphasizing independent decision making.
More than 30 counselors and staff members assist the Senior and Executive Directors in the day-to-day operations of camp. The camper-staff ratio averages 3:1. As a staff member, you will be entrusted with someone’s most priceless possession, their child. We look for counselors who exhibit the maturity necessary to succeed in this critical role.
Counselors are trained at the start of the summer in the specificities of camp life. You’ll learn about living with a co-counselor, guiding campers to grow into their confidence, and lesson planning to teach an activity, all while having lots of fun! Staff at Camp Jeanne d’Arc truly become a family throughout the course of the summer. So many of our counselors agree, which is why they return year after year.
Our staff absolutely love helping our campers grow into confident young women, learning about themselves, and making lasting friendships. We hope you’ll join us for the most rewarding summer of your life! Check out our available positions and start an application today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our mission has required us to take this seriously for over 100 years. Please see our Diversity and Inclusion Policy here.
Camp Counselor Positions Available in 2021 CJDA in New York
- Sr. Counselors (eligible at age 18+)
- Jr. Counselors (eligible at age 17+)
- Junior Directors:
- Waterfront Director
- Assistant Waterfront Director
- Activities Director
- More positions are available – contact us for a complete list
- Life Guards & Swim Instructors
- Sailing, Canoeing & Kayaking Instructors
- Skiers, Wakeboarders & Boat Drivers
- Mountaineering, Hiking & Campcraft Leaders
- Good Tennis, Soccer, Lacrosse & Field Hockey Players/Coaches
- Experienced Riflery, Archery & BB’s Instructors
- Musicians: Piano Players, Guitar Players, etc.
- Arts & Crafts Teachers, Actors, Theater Teachers
- Singers, Dancers, Fitness Enthusiasts
- Office/Media Assistants
- Photographers/Social Media Experience